AN INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT
At St. Stephen’s we have a strong Christian ethos where every pupil is valued and included in the full range of school activities. We understand that some pupils will need extra support and/or specific interventions at some point in their school career, and some pupils may need this on an on-going basis. The School's Inclusion Manager is Rhiannon Cathrow and she can be contacted any day on the main school number (0208 692 1898). If she is teaching leave a brief message with the office staff and she will return your call.
ST STEPHEN'S SEND POLICY
This document sets out our principles, policy and values in relation to SEND
ST STEPHEN'S SEND INFORMATION REPORT
Here you can find out about the provision we offer children with SEND in our school.
LEWISHAM'S LOCAL OFFER
This has been developed in partnership with children and young people aged 0-25 and their parents and carers. It sets out in one place clear, relevant and up-to-date information across education, health and social care. It details the advice and support available across the borough of Lewisham.
ACCESS TO MEDICAL INTERVENTIONS
Some children have medical needs that can be met successfully through the school’s well-organised system.
· Regular update sessions between the School Nurse and Inclusion Manager.
· Clear policy on supporting children with medical conditions.
· Support staff trained in Paediatric First Aid.
· Detailed care plans drawn up for pupils with allergic reactions or medical conditions.
· All staff trained in the use of epipens.
· Easily accessible system for parents to bring medicines into school.
· Detailed records kept of medication administered.
· Recommendations from physiotherapy carried out sensitively with individual pupils.