Importance of Number Bonds
We believe that number bonds are a foundational to mathematical mastery. They also allow children to develop fluency and make calculations seem more meaningful.
How we teach Number Bonds at St Stephens
The key ways in which we learn number bonds at St Stephens are:
• Using real life objects
• Using counters and tens frames
• NCETM Mastering Number Project in KS1 (including the use of Rekenreks)
• Using NUMBOTs (digit application which can be utilised at home as well as at school)
• Using other concrete and visual resources
• Through teaching key strategies such as doubles, near-doubles, bridging through ten and compensation - all these strategies designed to make the calculation easier.
Using NUMBOTS to Support Your Child
Click the link and see the guide below